Sunday, July 12, 2009

Olympics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 12th !!!! Today was another awesome day!!! It was our Summer 2009 Sea OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every floor has different halls called “Seas”. These seas consist of the Baltic, Aegean, Mediterranean, Yellow, Adriatic, Red, Bering, Arabian and my sea, the best Sea THE CARRIBEAN SEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were the Pirates of the Caribbean….cute right…I know. Every team had to wear a specific color for their sea and our color was orange. Not y favorite, but I made it work. We made up a chant, we had posters, people painted their faces, we had a mascot ( a girl down the hall dressed up as the most amazing pirate ever in life, I gave her my huge hoop earring which was the icing on the cake). The Olympics had 10 ridiculous events where each sea had to compete against each other to gain points. The events were synchronized swimming, Pictionary, paper boat racing in the pool, tug of war, jeopardy, lip sync competition, dodge ball tourney, relay race and Sea Makeover.
I was a proud member of the Silver Medal Winning Synchronized Swimming team. There were six of us in the little pool and we reenacted the theme song to Captain Planet. Do you remember that song?
“Captain planet, he’s our hero. Gonna take pollution down to zero. He’s our powers magnified. And he’s fighting on the planets side. We are planeteers and you can be one too. Cuz saving our planet s the thing to do. Looting and polluting is not the way. Here what captain planet has to say!!! Blah Blah Blah…THE POWER IS YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
I was water of course. It was golden. I have videos, but there are too embarrassing to show, so don’t ask. We lost by 6 points. I was very upset but the other team did back flips into the pool and carried some guy above the water in a yellow banana float, so I guess we really couldn’t compete with that. I also was a proud member of the jeopardy team. Which was a joke. We didn’t win. Lets not talk about that….but my shining moment! The LIP SYN COMPETETION! I was none other than Scary Spice from the Spice Girls. I made my hair as big and curly as I could possibly get it. I was no longer Nexus…I transformed into Scary Spice. Me and 4 other girls performed the most amazing rendition of the Spice Girls Classic “If You Wanna Be My Lover”. I was the best one. The judges even said so. There is also video of that. But you will never see it! Overall my team came in 2nd place out of all the teams so I was very happy! We should have won , but unfortunately we got disqualified from the boat racing competition because our team member’s elbow hit the water as he was being held by the ankles over the pool blowing his boat across the water with a straw. I love Semester At Sea. I really really really love it. I played fake Olympics on a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean in July on whatever day of the week it is. I seriously have no idea what day it is. I know the actual date but I have no clue if its Monday or Friday. It doesn’t really matter either. I like not knowing. I t shows me how unimportant some things really are.
Tomorrow I will be in Greece. I wrote a list one time of the top 20 places I wanted to go to before I die and Greece was top five. For some reason I never ever thought I would actually make it here. But in a few hours, 7 to be exact I will be in Athens, Greece. Its unreal. This whole trip is a dream. It has to be. Its too incredible to be real. Tonight the moon was red. RED. And it looked like it was sitting on top of the water. I was literally looking at a red moon at eye level. I didn’t have to look up to see the moon. It was right in front of my face. I don’t know what was going on but it was mesmerizing. I seriously stopped in my tracks and just stared at the red moon. At first I didn’t think it was real, but the people with me were staring at it too so it had to be. I also saw a shooting star tonight for the first time in my life. I’ve always missed them or saw the very last sparkle of one, but tonight, next to a red moon, I saw a shooting star. Needless to say I made a wish. I really need to go to sleep. I never sleep here. Its horrible. But there is always something going on, something to talk about, something to look at. I just cant get to sleep at a decent time. Its 2:26 in the morning right now, its only 7:26pm yesterday for you all. It is so weird. I’m in the future to whoever is reading this hahaha. The past was fun, enjoy it while you’re there. Trust me, I will have some more stories as soon as I get back from beautiful, beautiful Greece. Peace to the Middle East and a bottle of hair grease.

3 comments:

  1. Was greast until the last 4 words.....bottle of hair grease? What the??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. ur stupid for that last comment but omg as soon as i saw jeopardy i knew you were in it. im surprised u didnt win it was ur time to shine. oh well sounds like it was fun overall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in the Latin club in high school, we had an Olympic day at Cherry Hill High East and it was so much fun. We didn't have Jepardy, lip sync, or water activities, but it was fun anyway. When you go back to Greece, just know I will be with you, unless it is your honeymoon, maybe...

    ReplyDelete