Friday, July 10, 2009

Croatia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 10th, 2009 11:12 pm my time so….5:12 pm your time….DOBER DAN!!! That means hello in Croatian. Now, I know that I said Spain was great. I remember vaguely saying I was in love with Italy. But seriously, all jokes aside, I am infatuated with Croatia. This is the nicest place I have ever been to in my whole existence. I know that I say that a lot but this place is incredible. It is absolutely gorgeous. A lot of people don’t even know where Croatia is and I hope it stays that way so tourists (Americans) don’t come here and destroy the place. I have been on the most beautiful beaches in the world. These are some of the nicest, most laid back people alive and the scenery here is ridiculous. There are tree covered, sand less beaches, mountains, grass, forests, hills, ocean, everything, all that pretty stuff we see on the discovery channel and on the cover of Travel Magazine . I can not explain it. It’s just gorgeous here. And the best part of all of this is……………….for every 1 US Dollar you get 5 Croatian Dollars called Kunas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooooooooooooooooo clearly we were all ballin out here in Croatia! I felt like a millionaire. But I think I only spent maybe 100 dollars the entire time here because everything is so ridiculously inexpensive!

The first day we got to Dubrovnik, I had a tour of the City Walls. This place is located in the “Old Town” of Dubrovnik, which is amazing! The walls are built all around the border of the town and you can see all the coral colored rooftops of people’s houses and all the walls overlook the crystal blue Adriatic Sea. After the city walls tour we just walked around the town. There were so many markets and events going on and everyone is so nice and helpful and they speak English which is cool too. This blog writing thing is hard. Im trying to tell a story but I really just want to list all the amazing things I did while I was in the best country in the world…aka Croatia….

I went to the Island of Lopud which has most beautiful beach and scenery alive or in existence or whatever. Its about 40 minutes off the coast of Dubrovnik. The water is clear as a bathtub. Oh fyi it is ridiculously hot here. Like 1000000 degrees.

I went to a Croatian festival where I saw a Croatian Opera, a Croatian play and traditional folklore dancing. This was all an accident of course. We kind of just stumbled into it.

Semester at Sea as an entity is banned from a club called East West which is located right on the beach, because we, excluding myself, so I should say they, destroyed the place from dancing all over all the furniture and everything. That was probably the most ridiculous night of my life. That’s another story in itself. Maybe some other time.

I went to another island that had no sand, just huge rocks to lay on in the middle of the Adriatic Sea that is full of wild peacocks everywhere which was sooooo incredible. I jumped off the rocks in to the sea which was so much fun. But the weird part was we were next to the part of the beach that was, unbeknownst to me J a nudist beach….in more detail, an elderly nudist beach, so there were some moments where if I looked in the wrong spot at the right time I had a problem. But that island was amazing. It was called Lokrum. I loved it.

I went cliff diving off a 45 foot cliff in the sea on the side of a restaurant that had the most amazing view in the whole wide world. It took me about 56008349839274 hours to finally do it but I did it and it was amazing!!!! Grace is going to be mad, but I don’t think she will read this anytime soon so I’m going to tell everyone this story which is the funniest thing ever….the day of our City Walls tour, Grace, my roommate here and at school, for those of you who don’t know who my little Gracefurd is, jumped off the cliff too but a much higher one and she thought she was soooo cool that she decided to jump off the cliff in her clothes because she didn’t have her bathing suit, soooo this genius jumped off and when she hit the water she sat down into it and split her shorts right up the middle and her butt was hanging out for the rest of the day hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was after our city walls tour so we all had to walk back on the bus to go back home…well back to the ship which is now home and everyone saw her polka dot underwear!! It was hilarious!!!! I love her!!!

Anyway, we met Dhani Jones who used to play for the New York Giants but now he has a show on the travel channel where he goes to all these random countries and tries all their sports and dare devil type stuff and he’s kind of my new best friend now and me and my friends are more than likely going to be on the Croatian episode on the Travel Channel jumping off the cliff because he was filming when we got there and the camera man filmed each of our jumps. So……look out for that. Hahahhahaha I love life!!! Croatia is amazing! Please whoever is reading this… try to visit. It’s the best place ever. I don’t feel like writing anymore. Oh but wait. I made a vow that I will never eat ice cream ever again in the United States of America. I know this is a shocker to most. BUT IM SERIOUS. After this trip, ice cream will never be the same. I don’t want to disappoint myself by eating that crap we call ice cream. So, world, I will never ever ever eat ice cream in the US of A again. Thanks. This has been a public service announcement.

I know that im leaving out a lot of stuff but there just so much that happened and too much to write and I’m the fastest typer in the world…so this is all I can do.

Hvala vam e dovidenja! (Thank you and goodnight in Croatian, don’t worry about pronouncing it)

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is...LOL...ROFLMAO...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh damn you know you dead ass wrong for that story.... but u take any pics???? ;-) hahahahahahahhahhaha lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cracked up. Grace is going to kill you!

    ReplyDelete