Friday, June 19, 2009

Im finaly on the ship...my new home

OK everyone!!! June 19th, 2009…1:30 my time…whatever time that is. Im listening to Kanye West Say You Will…The moment you have all been waiting for!!!! I am so sorry for the delay! Things have been quite crazy here in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean :) Ok Ill set the scene for everyone so they can picture my freakishly awesome life right now!! Its 1:30 in the morning here, but really 9:30 where most of you are. I am literally smack in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. The last captain report said we are 1000 miles away from the nearest land mass and about 1000 miles away from Cadiz, Spain which is our first stop in this journey. Im stiiting in my little cute room with smaller than small beds, smaller than small tables, a smaller than small tv and smaller than small drawers for both me and Grace…Im actually looking at Grace right now…it’s a little weird. Anyway , this ship is so f-ing awesome!!! Words don’t really do it justice. There are seven decks. Each has something different on it. We have class all over the ship and in the most random places. I sit on the floor next to a piano in one class and then in a little tiny chair with 30 other people in another class and I couldn’t be happier about it. This is truly one of the most amazing things I have EVER done in my entire life and its only day 3. I have met so many incredible people from all over the country and I know that many of these people will be life long friends. Oh I almost forgot to tell you all…the ship is 77% female 23% male. WTF? 43% of the people are from Colorado, 23% are from California and the rest are from somewhere else…needless to say…the whole diversity factor I’m used to in uuuh EVERYDAY LIFE is noooooot here….but its cool. Im learning a lot of random stuff from these West coasters.

Anyway…we haven’t even gotten to a freakin country yet and I am loving this! The water literally rocks me to sleep every night. Its beautiful. Its amazingly beautiful. Some people have seen dolphins and whales following the ship...I havent seen any but Im patiently waiting. Thankfully, I have not gotten sea sick at all but there have been hundreds of people dying! Some chick threw up in the damn hallway. I was a little pissed about that but I just stepped over it and kept it moving….oook, I helped her out a little…then I kept it moving. Anyway, my classes are the sh*t, these teachers here are amazing! Temple needs to step their faculty game up in a serious way because these professors are on another level. I love you Temple but I have never been challenged like this before. OOOOh so youre allowed to drink on the ship here no matter what your age is right, so of course these 18 19 20 year old kids from freakin Kentucky and Kansas and the little ski towns of Colorado are getting it poooooooooooooooppin out here in the middle of the Atlantic. I went to one of the outside deck food areas around 2 in the morning yesterday to get some water and there was a full blown Maxi’s on a Thursday night or Draught Horse on a Wednesday or a Friday in Old City or a Sunday night in NYC going on! Mind you everyone on the ship has to take the same morning class at 8 am. I really feel like an old hag because I just looked at the foolishness and went inside… Im saving my recklessness for these foreign lands I’m about to divide and conquer..ok not so much divide and conquer, more like observe, participate, absorb and appreciate. Anyways…more to come. Im sory for the delay but I promise there will be more and more as the trip goes on.OMG MY F-ING GOODNESS I FORGOT TO TELL YALL! TELL ME WHY I ONLY HAVE 2 HOURS AND 5 MINUTES OF INTERNET TIME FOR THE ENTIRE TRIP! THATS ALL WE GET. NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS AND IF WE WANT MORE WE HAVE TO BUY IT! Needless to say I will be using this internet time wisely so please dont curse me out if i dont update as requently as I would like too.

I love you all and I miss you all and I wish and pray that everyone can experience something as amazing as this at least once in their life. Shout out to Antonio lol..mind your business if you dont know who that is and you dont. Later.

2 comments:

  1. Oh im so happy u get to enjoy this experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That internet time is bogus! who can i write about that. Dont they know we need to talk but anyway that was a good post i felt like i was there for two seconds and it sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete