Monday, September 7, 2009

Semester at Sea Wrap Up...I'm a Little Late...Sorry

Ok, so I have been back in the US for a little over two weeks now. I wanted to write a blog a week ago but this new real world life that I have has gotten in the way.Im currently looking for a job (not going so well) and I've been trying to figure out how to get back into the swing of things.

When I first got back here, i had no idea what was going on! i didnt any of the new songs, none of the politics, nothing!!! the very first few hours after I got off the ship, my brain was soooooooooo scrambled! i couldnt understand why everyone was speaking english! i didnt understand where the heck i was! it was seriously the craziest feeling in the world. i had only been gone for 2 1/2 months but my world is soooo different now. i can honestly say that i look at things from a completley different perspective now. i dont want to make this final blog super long, but i just wanted to have an ending i guess. i am so grateful and feel so blessed to have experienced semester at sea. i have seen parts of the world that were once in my dreams. i have met and made bonds with people on almost every continent on our planet. the knowledge that i have gained i will seriously keep with me for the rest of my life. i hope that i have inspired someone reading this random silly blog, to explore the world in whatever way that they possibly can. my passion for travel has become a sort of addiction!! i want to see everywhere!!!!!!!!i think about the ocean every single day! i think about all the amazing places that i have never seen every single day! i never want to stop traveling and learning and I hope that i stay fortunate enough to continue to do what i love to do! but i think i need a job first.
anyway, i dont really have much more to say. thanks to everyone that has been reading this and experiencing this journey vicariously through me. im happy to be back! But I cant wait for the next adventure :)

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed everyone of your blogs and am happy and proud that you had this fantastic opportunity! I am glad that Grace did not give in to the many fantastic request to sell you for MARRIAGE! Thanks for coming home safe and happy! I missed you very much but like you,
    can't wait for your next adventure!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete